Auckland Tree Services Companies: How do you pick one?
Ph Auckland Tree Masters on 0800 426 791 for a FREE Tree Services quote in Auckland, North Shore or Rodney
So you are in need of Tree Services in Auckland? How do you go about finding a reliable Auckland tree services company?
Firstly, a quality tree services company should have well trained and experienced arborists who are able to handle a whole range of tree services. This should include but not be limited to the following services:
- Tree removal
- Tree trimming
- Crown Lifting & Crown Reduction (reducing a tree in height back to growth points)
- Fruit tree and shrub pruning
- Fine pruning of roses
- Artistic shrub shaping and pruning
- Bamboo removal
- Hedge trimming and hedge removal
- Stump Grinding
- Branch Chipping
- Section clearing
- Planting and staking
- 24 hour emergency callout service following storms
- Arborists reports/consulting
- Difficult access work using cranes and even helicopters!
Quite a list of tree services as you can see. A high degree of skill is required for virtually all of these jobs, even something as simple sounding as rose pruning requires specialist knowledge to ensure that plants are pruned at the right time of year and only the right amount of branches removed to ensure vibrant blooming flowers on each bush.
So it’s important to pick an Auckland tree services company that has skilled and experienced arborists working for them. But how do you know how skilled and experienced a tree services company is? Just ask?
First, you can save yourself a lot of time making multiple phone calls by doing a Google search for “Tree Services Auckland” and then check through the websites of some of the listings. A decent arborist website should tell you:
- How long have they been operating?
- What tree services are they capable of doing?
- There might even be some photos or better yet some videos of the types of tree services they’ve done in the past.
- Also what areas/suburbs in Auckland do they cover?
- What public liability insurance they have? Ideally they should have coverage of at least $1,000,000. Just Imagine if a tree was mistakenly felled onto either yours or even worse your neighbours property and it was worth more than the level of insurance coverage.
Next you will probably want to get a quote or 2. This should be a free service where the arborist comes to your house or section and actually looks at what needs doing before giving you a price. Check what is actually included in the quote to be sure you are comparing apples with apples. Who will tidy up afterwards? You may think you can save a few dollars by tidying up yourself, but if you leave it to the experts with the right equipment; they will do it in a fraction of the time and with infinitely less hassle than you could.
It also pays to check the small print on any written tree service quotes. You may want to ask the question what coverage is there for damage should something go wrong? Some tree service companies may actually write exclusions into their quotes which effectively means any damage they cause will be covered by your own insurance policy not theirs. Be sure that there aren’t any exclusions in the quote you don’t want to pay for someone else’s mistake!
You might even want to consider asking the company if they’ve had to make any claims on their insurance policy in the past.
You should now see that hiring a tree services company in Auckland isn’t necessarily as simple as just picking up the yellow pages and phoning the company with the biggest ad. It pays to do some research first and ask some questions as this could save you not only money but also avoid damage to your property and to your trees and garden in general from shonky operators.
For a FREE Tree Services quote in Auckland, phone 0800 426 791. At Auckland Tree Masters we always return calls. In fact we guarantee to return your call by 10am tomorrow (at the latest) or you get $150 off your quote for tree services in Auckland! Plus we always leave your grounds neat and tidy.